Improved design for greater contaminant exclusion
Effective sealing is essential to protect rotating systems from external elements and contaminants and to ensure long-lasting and efficient performance.
Forsheda® V-Ring seals from Trelleborg Sealing offer a reliable sealing solution for rotary and other sealing applications in a wide range of industries, from wind turbines and electric motors to passenger vehicles and household appliances.
It is a one-piece, all-rubber rotary scraper seal that stretches to fit the shaft and is held in place by its own tension. Installed against a stationary or rotating surface, the Forsheda® V-ring provides an effective axial seal.
Features and benefits
- Retains lubricant while effectively excluding contaminants
- Protects radial shaft seals in abrasive environments
- Decreases friction losses to reduce wear and extend seal life
- Temperature resistant from -100 °C to +250 °C / -148 °F to +482 °F
- Simplified design reduces total cost
- Allows axial movement or angular and radial misalignment
- Simple installation – stretches over the shaft or seat
- No special machining required to reduce tolerances
- Versatile enough for various fields of application
- Reduced wear at high rotational speeds due to lip peel-off technology
- Optional fitting allows for any diameter size
- Suitable for partially submerged applications